I am a communications professional specialising in copywriting, brand identity and creative direction for non-profit organisations. I have nine years professional experience within creative and marketing teams at charities such as CAFOD, The Food Chain, Emerge Poverty Free, WSPA and War Child and have written copy for UNICEF, WWF, The British Heart Foundation and Shelter.
My most recent full-time position was as a Copywriter at Mencap, I was a key member of an exciting team, involved in a large-scale outdoor advertising initiative, a hugely significant political campaign and led on developing a new tone of voice document as part of the organisation’s brand guidelines.
Prior to Mencap I was Communications Manager at The Special Yoga Centre, a charity providing yoga therapy to children with developmental challenges and various special needs. I qualified as a Sivananda yoga teacher in India in 2013, a yoga therapist for children with special needs in 2014 and a pregnancy yoga teacher in 2015. I am also a Birth and Postnatal Doula.
Along with stints as a Reporter, Online columnist, DM executive, PR assistant and Copywriter agency-side, I have amassed an impressive portfolio of work. If I do say so myself.
- a son named River
- a Ba/Bsc undergraduate degree in English Literature and Psychology
- trained with Photojournalist Annie Bungeroth at CAFOD
- qualified as a NCTJ Multimedia Journalist and worked as a reporter and columnist
- competed as an elite gymnast and trained with the British Team
- visited 34 US states in 6 weeks
- a INFP result in the Jung and Myers' personality test, which is: Introvert(44%) Intuitive(25%) Feeling(62%) Perceiving(44%).
- INFPs are usually talented writers. They may be awkward and uncomfortable with expressing themselves verbally, but have a wonderful ability to define and express what they're feeling on paper. INFPs are at their best in situations where they're working towards the public good, and in which they don't need to use hard logic.